Tuesday, August 08, 2006

That, my friend, is the rock and roll



My very first concert, 1978. My mom insisted on attending the show with my friend and me; my mom and I also wore matching terrycloth shirts. (Alas, I can't blame her for the latter; I thought the idea was kind of grown-up at the time.) This was, necessarily, in my pre-groupie days, since it's hard to be a groupie with your mom along. Well, no, I take that back. I've heard stories about mother/daughter acts. But, um, my mom wasn't that kind of mom. It is hard, though, to be a groupie while wearing a terrycloth shirt.

Actually, Mom was probably wise to insist on chaperoning. Those were some mighty tight spandex pants. And some audacious chorus-line kicks at the end there.

2 comments:

jonnmm said...

Hey Deanie, I mean Hey Stephanie.... I would never have guessed that you were into Shaun Cassidy!! You two would have made quite a pair -- His tight pants and tank top and you with the verbotten tube top!! LOL....

Beth Austin said...

"Hey Deanie" hmmmm? Correct spelling of "Shaun" hmmmm? Jon, just admit it...you bought all of the albums.