Sunday, May 27, 2007

I hate hot weather!

It's been fuckin' 90 degrees here in NYC for the past 3 days. In May. It feels like fuckin' Texas weather, which is one of the reasons I left Texas, 'cause I hate 90-degree-fuckin-humidity. Man.

When I arrived in NYC in mid-February, it was freezing as hell. Coming from the South, I was worried beforehand that I wouldn't be prepared for the Northeast cold, but I was very prepared---I had wool coats, I had gloves, I had a hat. Every time I walked out my door was just fine!

Now that it's warm, though, I'm not prepared... I have a suitcase full of my summer clothes back at my mom's house in Texas... SEND 'EM, won't you, Mom??? Geez.

Today I had to cut off some of my jeans 'cause I couldn't stand wearing full-length pants in this heat! And then, a few days ago, I had to go to the local "El Mundo" to buy some flip-flops for $4 'cause wearing regular shoes around this un-airconditioned apartment sucks!

Coming from Texas, where it's 90 degrees and above from June through mid-October, I should have been prepared for this, but I'm not! I need some air-conditioning, man! ;p

No comments: