Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Hate Teenagers!

My NYC apartment overlooks the Hudson River, where, unfortunately, now that it's warm, teenagers come to hang out. Ugh. I absolutely hate their loud "blah-blah-blah." I had to listen to their loudness earlier tonight, between 11 and 1. Then they disappeared, thank goodness. Now, though, at nearly 4 am, they've shown back up again. Back in Austin, I would dial "311" to make a noise complaint. Not sure how things work here in NYC.

Part of me feels mean: Yeah, obviously, there was a time when I was a teen and occasionally hung out in front of people's houses. But not very often. I may have sat on the hoods of some cars on occasion, but never did I, or any of my friends, SCREAM at the top of our lungs at 4 am. It's one thing to want to be outside of your home, to be with your friends... but why can't you just hang out by the river and TALK? Do you have to act like loud, screeching assholes at 4 am?

No comments: