Monday, August 20, 2007

What a bad-ass city!

I was in such a deep funk in Austin last year. I quit my well-paying job just because I was being disrespected. And a friend told me, "Why don't you just move to New York, like you've been talking about? Now seems like exactly the right time."

I don't know that I would have done it if not for that casual conversation. And now that I'm here, I cannot get over how grateful I am.

I've never been religious, but I've been praying like hell for the past month: to get out of a horrible roommate situation and find a new place, to get a job... I don't say this like a religious fanatic, but rather sincerely: Thank you, GOD, for getting me through this.

Again, I can't say enough how grateful I am. For this beautiful city, for my new place, for my new job.

The "what a bad-ass city!" quote comes from John Lennon's 1972 song "New York City." I agree. It IS a fucking "bad-ass city," in the best way. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Come here!

No comments: