Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I [Heart] Weehawken

I took some pictures of my new 'hood at twilight Saturday, but they mostly came out dark. I'll wait 'til the sun is bright on one of the upcoming autumn days and give you a glimpse of how neat this neighborhood is. But in the meantime, here's a shot of the Manhattan skyline and of the park near my home and some inside my home:




A night or so after I got here, I was in the kitchen with my roommate; a screen door leading to the back yard. (The first time I'd seen a screen door or a back yard since leaving Texas 7 months ago.) I heard a strange sound: "Is that your cell phone?" I asked my roommate. "What IS that sound?"

It was a cricket! In 7 months I hadn't heard the sound of a cricket (or any nature sounds)! And when I finally did, I thought it was a cell phone! Jesus, it's like I'm from Manhattan or something! :)

No comments: