Monday, January 14, 2008

Aw, fuck!



Yeah, that's a photo with my Cowboys sweatshirt and scarf on prior to the game today between da Boys and the NY Giants...Feelin' pretty sassy! Until we friggin' LOST. :(

Though, what WAS fun about the day was when I went to my local Joisey grocery store pre-game to buy chips and dip in preparation. I put on my Cowboys sweatshirt, intentionally hoping to stir some stuff up! In the store, two sets of Giants fans went "boo" (good-naturedly) but then I also saw 3 sets of Cowboys fans wearing either hats or shirts---there was much "Hell, yeah!" and "Go, Boys!" In Jersey! How cool! :)

I came home feeling pumped up and had to tell my roommate all about it... He's a butch gay guy, but a gay guy nonetheless, didn't even know who the hell was playing today! I was all hyper and trying to tell him about how fun it was to "show your colors" and he was briefly worried: "You wore that Cowboys shirt and no-one gave you shit? There are assholes out there." I had to explain that sometimes "giving shit" could be in a fun, GOOD way! :)

Years ago, for example, when the San Antonio Spurs played the Knicks in the Finals in SA, my mom had bought tickets in SA for one game. Outside the stadium, there was a small contingent of Knicks fans hanging out hooting-and-hollering and waving signs... As the whole mass of San Antonio Spurs fans approached, of course there was a bunch of interchange---"We're going to kick your ass!" "No, we're going to kick YOUR ass!" "Oh yeah??" "Yeah!!" It was completely mock head-butting and fun...

Another fun thing here in NYC was a new guy at work wearing a Cowboys jersey three days in a row this past week. Which completely bonded us: "You like the Cowboys? Are you from Texas? Me, too!" (His uncle's from Dallas...)

Alright, boo-hoo, Dallas lost (perhaps Tony Romo should refrain from having sex for the season since his girlfriends seem to curse his performance when it counts).

Now, to next week's NFC battle: I'm now in New York so I should be for the Giants... But Green Bay has its hard-core football history and the back-from-the-grave Favre and its exciting old-school, snow-scrunched stadium still not named after a corporation...

My Superbowl choice: The scrappy Green Bay versus the Patriots machine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your face does not have one attractive feature, it's just as grim as your soul. I want you to die. And soon - but slowly and painfully. I want you to SUFFER!!!

Beth Austin said...

Oh my goodness. And I thought I was so cute and perky and full of team spirit! ;p

While I once thought your "Pisces curses" were powerful and mysterious...

After years of actually knowing you, such attempted curses are just dumb and shallow. Thanks to you and your idiotic counterpoint, Neily, I have complete disrespect in general for Pisces. I've never heard a meaningful thought out of either of your mouths. You should both be embarrassed at how stupid you are.

none said...

Cripes Stephanie-how do you know these creeps? The person who wrote that letter is seriously emotionally disturbed-but not dangerous;freaks like that are usually just wusses when they're not protected by their computer.

Beth Austin said...

And my initial post was just about Sunday football fandom... :p