Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rose-Colored Glasses

John Conlee, 1979. "These rose-colored glasses show only the beauty..."

I miss this kind of sentiment from a man. I've been in the Northeast for a year-and-a-half now... Southerners are definitely more soulful and expressive... (Nonetheless, I still like butch Jersey men! Shout-out to my gentlemanly cab-driver Tony from Wednesday!) :)

My sister-in-law once said to me that she couldn't understand how two women could ever get along as lovers---all of the ongoing angst and neuroses, etc., with nothing to counter it. I must say I agree. I don't know that a "good ol' boy" would be a better solution, but at least such would be simpler...


2 comments:

sandra said...

Sandra, the rancher's lost love, wants this one dedicated to Dunbroke.

Beth Austin said...

Oh, lordy! DJ-Stf the Enabler! ;p

Seriously, though, this a really sexy, powerful male country-boy song...