Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'll always have THE POST



I may have no cat, no job (as of next month), no girlfriend, no car, no cute spring clothes...but I'll ALWAYS have the joyously insane NYPost! :)

To the left are two Post covers that made me laugh so hard that I had to put them up on my wall at work at the time. "Bronx Zoo Fires Animals!" from last Friday; Hillary/Bam from the March '08 primary season.

RE the "Animals" head: I was reading that Post issue at work last Friday when my office-mate asked innocently: "I haven't seen the news today. Anything important going on?" I, deadpan, held up the front page headline.

This POST talk also reminds me of last Christmas, when I took issues of various NYC papers and magazines to my mom's: My mom picked up a copy of the POST and was browsing through it. After a few minutes, I heard her grumble: "I don't see what's so scandalous about 'Page Six.'"

"Page Six" is the famous gossip column that the POST runs... Back in the olden days, the column did indeed used to appear on the actual page 6 of the paper, but has since migrated to some random page further on (while keeping the same "Page Six" heading). Mom had been looking at some innocuous national news that happened to be on page 6 of the paper. (Hee-hee!)

No comments: