Monday, June 01, 2009

Journey: Wheel in the Sky

A beautiful song from 1978's "Infinity."

Journey never made a good album after 1979's "Evolution."

No really. I'm not just saying that 'cause it bugged me to no end that the girl I was in love with in 1983, when I was 18, left me for...a huge fan of latter-day '80s generic hit-making Journey. The whole thing hurt awfully for about 5 years, but somewhere in the back of my mind I kept a tiny little ember of reality, or was it fantasy, burning: "Journey really sucks now. How in the world can she like someone who loves that crap?! What -- she doesn't want to hear me play my unlistenable John&Yoko "Two Virgins" again?? Shallow girl!" ;p

Geezus, sometimes I remind myself of the grim Max von Sydow character in "Hannah and Her Sisters"! Yeah, fuck, like anyone's going to get THAT reference either! ;p Oh, the lonely life of not liking '80s Journey and really liking '80s Woody Allen...

No comments: