Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'll always have Ring-Dings

There's a deli near my house where I don't go very often 'cause the food isn't very good, and it takes forever to get anything made. (Even though it's run by a huge Arabic family, with a mom, a dad, two kids, various cousins, every time I go, it seems there's only ONE person minding the shop. They'll start to make my sandwich, then a customer will come in and they wait on him, then back to the sandwich, then to another customer, etc. etc. It's always about 20 minutes for me to get my food.)

But, still, I'll go there maybe once a month; the mom always remembers me and my (un)employment situation! Today, when I stopped in for a greasy burger and fries, she was ringing me up and asked if I'd found a job yet... Nope. She shook her head sympathetically and then threw a package of Ring-Dings into my bag: "Here. These will make you feel better."

Ah, the kindness of strangers! :)

No comments: