Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of 2009: New Bookshelf!

So much for not being grateful for small things! I was just walking to the beer-store and on the way came across a small 3-tiered book-shelf that someone had set out for the trash pick-up tomorrow. My apartment is sparsely furnished, and I immediately had to stop and lug the thing home before continuing with my beer trek.

Since I've been unable to buy many items of furniture for my apartment in the past 2 years, I've been genuinely excited whenever I've found stuff set along the curb that I was able to cart home and use: A black night-side table. A narrow bookcase to set my small bedroom TV up on (with shelves for a DVD player and knick-knacks below). Shelves for my shoes in my closet. And now this one! For ages, I've wanted a credenza by my front door, just to place my bag and keys on when I got home. And my books are overflowing, so I could place it by my desk for that use, too.

Believe it or not, it's actually fun for me to think about! :)

No comments: