Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Not Drinking and Taco Bell


It's amazing how much you can get done on a day after not drinking anything! This morning I woke up at 7am, immediately got online and sent out 5 resumes, then made an appointment with yet another temp agency.

After that:
Did dishes
Did laundry
Hand-washed 2 bras and 2 shirts
Took 2 bags of old clothes to the local thrift store
Walked to the Hudson to see the NYC skyline
Craved Taco Bell, took a bus there, then walked the 3 miles home

The Taco Bell sauce packets have been bugging me for years now, though. A few years ago, they started putting "sayings" on the packets. Trying to be "edgy," but falling far short. For instance, here's what sauce I got today: "Help! I can't tell where I am. It's dark and I can hear laughing." And "Will you scratch my back?". And "Ahhh...We meet again."

Is "Help! I can't tell where I am. It's dark and I can hear laughing" really appropriate for a taco-sauce packet? Do they want me to feel angst while I eat my 99-cent taco? Or do they want me to feel that I'm "dark" and "hip" for eating at Taco Bell? What 19-year-old geek-boys did they hire to write this stuff? (What's next: McDonald's printing on their Happy Meals boxes: "Hello, little girl, I'm watching you"?)

No comments: