Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tall Grass



This morning, the morning of my last full day here before I fly back to Texas, I woke up in the middle of a very vivid dream. I was lying on my back in a field of tall grass, wiggling my toes, just lying there enjoying listening and looking and feeling the grass swaying. (There was a girl in the distance, shooting at birds. She kept leaping at them and taking aim, but she always missed, as I knew she would. For some reason, this wasn't ominous in any way. I kind of enjoyed her activity in the background, while I just lay there enjoying myself.) Woke up with a start, feeling like I was still on my back in the grass. I felt happy for the first time in ages.

----------------

'There is no use trying,' said Alice, 'One can't believe impossible things.'
'I dare say you haven't had much practice,' said the queen, 'When I was your age, I always did it for a half hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.'

~Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There

No comments: