Saturday, July 24, 2010

Horses sense fear.

I've never liked horses much. Growing up in the country, I grew up with a few of them. I rode them bareback, et al. But I never really liked them. They were always doing mean shit. I've been thrown a couple of times, just for their hell of it. I've been sitting on one, perfectly calmly, and had her run off with me. I've had horses purposely step on my foot and then not get off, despite much pushing and prodding.

I don't like them.

And then there's the trope that I was just thinking about, that "people, like horses, sense fear." True enough. The purpose of that "self-help" trope was to get people to "act" so that others could not sense their fear. You know what? That's bullshit. People, if you sense fear in others, then... DON'T run off with them. DON'T throw them. DON'T intentionally step on their feet and hurt them.

Horses suck. I'll be goddamned if I "act" in any way to get those shits under control. I've never ridden with a saddle, never ridden with a bit. Just a bridle. And the horses took full advantage.

Fuck off, stupid, sadistic horses. Fuck off, stupid, sadistic people.

No comments: