Thursday, October 07, 2010

No one makes passes...

...at me in these glasses!

Oh my god. I'm officially middle-aged. In 2009, I noticed that my eyes were starting to dim a little. I could still do all of my proofreading and New Yorker-reading without glasses, but had to have really good light. As of 2010, though, I'm officially decrepit! Most texts are a bit blurry now without my super-duper READING GLASSES, courtesy of what my mother dug up from her cache of old, used reading glasses lying around her house. Circa 1986 or so, I'm afraid. They're fine for around the house (and I'm grateful to them), but... if/when I get a job in a public office, I'm going to have to NOT be seen like this! :)

2 comments:

Beth Austin said...

Please note, also, the saintly halo behind my head in this picture. As with "even paranoids have enemies," so "even ironists can be saints."

Beth Austin said...

p.s. "Yellow aura":

Yellow: joy, freedom, non-attachment, freeing or releasing vital forces. People who glow yellow are full of inner joy, very generous and not attached to anything. Yellow halo around the head: high spiritual development. A signature of a spiritual teacher. Do not accept spiritual teachings from anyone who does not have such a yellow halo. Buddha and Christ had yellow halos extending to their arms. Today it is rare on Earth to find a person with a halo larger than 1 inch. Yellow halo appears as a result of a highly active brow chakra (which can be seen glowing with violet by many people at my workshops). Highly spiritual people stimulate the brow chakra continuously for many years, because they always have intensive spiritual thoughts in their minds. When this chakra is observed when highly active, a yellow (Auric pair) halo appears around it, surrounding the entire head. Yellow thought indicates a moment of joy and contentment.