Friday, December 10, 2010

Visitors to this blog

A few years ago, it was announced that the average visitors to a blog were... 2. Total.

I've got about 20 regulars, plus 100 or so random hits per day, so I'm grateful for that. However, a couple of things are creepy.

"Seattle" -- you're creepy. For instance, on December 5, you visited this blog 27 times. 27 times on one day alone. What the fuck.

Julie/Geir -- RE "cloak.com": Let me let you in on a little secret. While you go to "cloak.com" to hide your visits here, my StatCounter shows your every visit with your same IP number.

Good lord.

I'm glad that people are reading what I have to say. But... 27 times a day? And, trying to "cloak" their visits? You folk: Stop being fucking psychos.

4 comments:

Tom said...

Maybe they are just having computer problems. never heard of Cloak.

Jenhavins said...

Well, I'm a visitor but actually a long time reader. I started following your blog after stumbling upon it while doing a search on Joan Rivers. It was right before your move to New York and you were so excited about selling your car. I genuinely felt bad for you while you struggled, but loved that you appreciated everything while you were there (the smells, the city, the views, etc.).

Although you aren't ideally where you want to be, hopefully you can get back there over the next year or so.

Not a stalker/psycho, just a normal wife and mother that is sometimes moved by the sincerity (sometimes sadness) in your blog.

Beth Austin said...

Thanks, guys. No, I don't think that YOU are psychos. I am appreciative of people taking the time to read what I have to say. But coming here dozens of times in one day (day after day) IS kind of bizarre to me.

Jamil S.P. said...

Hi Beth, I'm a new psycho, ops, I mean, a new reader from Brazil. :o) It's a pleasure to meet your nice blog.
Have a prosperous 2011!
Greetings!