Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sarah Palin: WTF

Sarah Palin just posted a response on Facebook to President Obama's State of the Union speech. She wrote:

"He dubbed it a 'Winning The Future' speech but the title's acronym seemed more accurate than much of the content."

I had to read that twice: the title's acronym -- Winning The Future = WTF... OH... What The Fuck, in online lingo... Did Palin REALLY just use "WTF" as an argument? Is she 14 years old?

I voted for McCain/Palin in 2008, sorry to say. I'd liked "maverick" McCain in his 2000 campaign against Bush. I'd liked Palin in 2008. (She had every bit as much experience as Obama, and the initial unwarranted media snobbery against her pissed me off.) But once, post-election, McCain started back-tracking and sucking up to the Republican right wing, especially about both immmigrant and gay rights, I started to get disgusted with him. Just as I've recently become disgusted with Palin about her whole gun-lingo/website imagery of "targeting" Congresspeople like Gabrielle Giffords.

And then this "WTF"-thing...

You know, I don't think that much of President Obama -- I think he got elected based on little more than a smooth speaking style, with very little content to back him up. (But kudos on his minor health-care overhaul, his only achievement.) I don't think that his State of the Union speech said anything at all. Nor did his earlier "memorial" speech for the STILL-ALIVE Gabrielle Giffords.

But for a supposedly serious national political figure to respond to the President of the United States with "WTF"? You know what? If you disagree with the President's policies as proclaimed in his State of the Union speech (innocuous as said policies are), then disagree with them on an intellectual level. Don't resort to the teenaged Twitter-like idiocy of saying "WTF." It's embarrassing for you; it's embarrassing for any of the intelligent people who once supported you.

No comments: