Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Half in Love


I just recently re-read Linda Gray Sexton's "Searching for Mercy Street: My Journey Back to My Mother, Anne Sexton." It first came out in '94, when the author was 41, and it was a relief to gather from the book that Linda Sexton had overcome the childhood trauma and had gone on to a happy family life.

Well, just now I found out that she has a brand new book out -- "Half in Love: Surviving the Legacy of Suicide." Turns out that since 1994, she's tried to kill herself several times and has been institutionalized, as well. And that her first husband of over 20 years had been completely overbearing (in '94, he was the perfect stable mate). Wow. I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. The '94 book didn't even hint of what was to come for her.

I also just found her blog (most recent post was today):
http://lindagraysexton.com/blog/

It's part of her website that also includes some interesting essays, including this one on her best sex ever.

Life just keeps on comin' at ya, doesn't it, though? :)

No comments: