Thursday, April 07, 2011

Money Honey

Geez, but lack of is a complete drain.

I've been living sparsely for the past month, highly anticipating the day when my first check from the huge February freelance project would arrive. Contract said "60 days 'til check" (I counted the days: April 5 was "60."). Well, turned out it was 60 days, then the first Friday after the 60 days, then the time it would take to cut and mail the check after that Friday, blah-blah-blah. It's just mind-deadening. In the meantime, my cheap apartment says they'll start the eviction process if I can't come up with rent by April 15th. This after I've paid my rent religiously on the 1st of every month for the past 9 months. I've NEVER been late until now.

Why is everything such a goddamn corporate hassle? (1) Pay me the goddamn money I'm owed within (not AFTER) the 60 days written in the contract. (Why 60 days anyway? Regular employees get paid every week, bi-weekly, or monthly.) And, (2) If I've paid rent on time for 9 months straight, why pull the "eviction card" on me when there's the first glitch? And when I've immediately come to you explaining the situation (rather than just silently not paying until notices started stacking up). Give me a fucking break.

Jesus Christ, the stress.

Ironically, I've been busy as hell work-wise for the past week (for a different company)... Pay date? 60 days from whenever!

I used to condemn women for seeking out Sugar Daddies... I'm starting to see why that's an attractive option!

No comments: