Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pygmalion

Your AstroCenter horoscope for October 21, 2011

It's possible you could meet someone today, who will act as a kind of Pygmalion for you. You need to be surrounded and encouraged by people who believe in you, STEPHANIE, and it is good for you to have one or several people around to support you. If you do meet this kind of person, don't be a show off, and listen to what he or she has to say to you. It is for your own good.

-------------------------------------------------

You know what? If a Pygmalion had come along that said anything that I knew was true and/or true to myself, I might have listened. As it was/is: Any "authority figure" I've been around in my entire life -- parent, teacher, boss -- has always been primarily full of bullshit that I could easily see through. (I will never forget my thesis advisor in grad school... One poem that I'd felt particularly close to and worked particularly hard on, she said didn't like and that she'd read it while driving to work... When I told her that I couldn't respect her opinion if she'd only read the poem across her steering wheel, she got mad at me. SHE got mad at ME!) I've never had a Pygmalion, a real role model. I've always had to raise and instruct myself. For better and worse.

Should such an insightful person who believed in me show up in my life and show me support, I would of course be extremely grateful. Who wouldn't be?

No comments: