Monday, January 30, 2012

Familiar (chatoyant)

A couple of nights ago around 10:45 pm, I kept hearing "meow, meow, meow" outside my window. I'm up on the 2nd story, so I was wondering where exactly the mews were coming from... I peered out and couldn't see; kept hearing mews, so turned off all of my lights and computer and TV to see... There was a cat perched on the tree closest to my 2nd-story window, looking in at me! :)

What a pleasant and welcome surprise, a cat visit! (Since my cat Gracie died on April 15, 2009, I haven't had another cat, and miss the cat spirit so.) I talked to this visiting cat ("Hi honey! You sure are a pretty cat! What are you doing up there?") for about 20 minutes before she disappeared again...

FAMILIAR: "a spirit often embodied in an animal and held to attend and serve or guard a person."
CHATOYANT: "to shine like a cat's eyes."

(The cat was sitting in the nook of the tree pictured here.)

No comments: