Sunday, April 29, 2012

"...a pit bull is delicious."



I'm glad I remembered to watch the live Correspondents' Dinner tonight! Obama was hilarious! (And I'm not an Obama supporter; but the guy was really funny.)

One thing that puzzled me (and that, after searching online just now, is apparently the top line of the night according to the online responses) was Obama's paraphrasing an old Palin line. Obama said: "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? A pit bull is delicious."

OK, I get the "eating dog" reference. (In one of his two autobiographies, Obama says he tasted dog meat while he was a kid living in Malaysia. Which gave the right-wing media a big thrill this week, since the left-wingers in the media had been bashing Romney for letting his dog Seamus ride in a carrier on the roof of his car.)

But the majority of the online responses that I just read didn't seem to think that there was also an "oral sex" reference there! (Either they didn't mention it, or the majority seemed outraged that such a "crude" thought would even enter anyone's mind!) When I heard him say that, my jaw literally dropped with amazement and glee: "Wow! That is REALLY an edgy joke! I may just have to vote for you!" (But only if the simultaneous oral sex reference was intentional!) :)

Another top moment for me was Obama's dig at conspiracy theorists who have been warning about what he'll do if given a second term. Obama (me paraphrasing; see the video below for exact words): "In my first term, I sang Al Green; in my second term, I'm going with Young Jeezy... In my first term, we ended the war in Iraq; in my second term, I will win the war on Christmas... In my first term, we repealed 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'; in my second term, we will replace it with a policy known as 'It's Raining Men'"...






No comments: