Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why should Hilary Rosen apologize?

HILARY ROSEN, CNN POLITICAL CONTRIBUTOR: What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, well, you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife, that's what I am hearing. Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life.

She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school and how do we worry - and why we worry about their future.

-----------------------------------

Guess what: The uber-rich Ann Romney really has NOT ever worked a day in her life. How idiotic for Mitt Romney to claim that she -- his society wife -- is giving him advice on what women think about economic issues. Hilary Rosen was exactly right, and she shouldn't have been forced to apologize, by either the right or the left, for her completely common-sense, accurate statement.

Shades of the brouhaha surrounding Hillary Clinton's (also completely common-sense and accurate) statement back in 1992:

"I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession, which I entered before my husband was in public life."

Brava!

Guess what: In this day and age, if you, a woman, have never in all your years contemplated pursuing any intellectual/workplace interest of your own and instead chose to be a passive leech living off of your husband (possibly pretending that your kids really "need" you, when in fact they're, at a very early age, completely into their own thing and completely oblivious as to your "chauffeur-ship," et al)... You SHOULD be called on it. You should be called on it CONSTANTLY, and made an example of as far as "what no sane parent ever wants their daughters to grow up to be."

In short: If you're a woman and you don't work after the kids are in kindergarten, you're most likely (a) just plain lazy, or (b) controlled by a domineering husband who wants his wife at home. Simple as that.

No comments: