Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yuppie Problem!

On "Jersey Shore," which I enjoy mightily, Snooki and her sidekick are both short-n-chunky and call themselves "Meatballs." Last season, they had some schtick going, calling out "Meatball problem!" whenever some minor annoyance -- not really a "problem"-- crossed their collective path. Example: Once the hot-tub was too hot. So they explained for the camera: "When the hot-tub burns your cooch... MEATBALL PROBLEM!"

Similarly (well, kinda, sans cooch!): For the past couple of days, I've noticed that... having more clothes and more costume jewelry requires more time to get ready in the morning! I used to -- back when I had 3 pairs of work shoes and 3 black shirts and 2 white shirts and a couple of long-sleeved out-of-season fall shirts to choose from -- set my alarm for an hour before I had to catch the bus. It wasn't too hard, after all, to pick a generic, crappy shirt and pair of shoes for the day!

Now though: Wooooooo! Colors! And actual seasonal clothing! And various earrings and necklaces and shoes to pick from! I had to set my alarm back 15 minutes, which is a...

YUPPIE PROBLEM! :)


No comments: