Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love 15



I was in love with this girl (now insanely huge woman) when I was 15! When she left my public high school to attend a private Baptist school, I cried and cried and cried and BEGGED my mother to let me go to that private Baptist school with her!

At 14, she starred as "Sarah Brown" in our school's production of "Guys and Dolls." To great brouhaha, and many dates from even flashy athletes afterwards (which trickled off when word came back that she really was a "good girl" and didn't put out).

She sang BEAUTIFULLY. She was clearly special and star-like in "Guys and Dolls." And didn't want any of the recognition then. And then, obviously, let herself go beyond all recognition in the subsequent years.

Seriously, what makes someone absolutely GIVE UP like this? I cannot even fathom appearing in public looking like this---most especially when you'd once been a stunner.


No comments: