Thursday, October 11, 2012

Recent Goosebumps

Walking around downtown Austin at lunch.
Eating lunch at Murphy's Deli or Quizno's with a window seat (Buddy Holly playing at the latter), watching passersby.
My leisurely after-lunch smoke on a Congress/6th-Street bench, watching passersby.
Standing at the bus-stop downtown after work, looking up at the buildings.

Watching "Long Island Medium," hearing Teresa Caputo tell people things that only someone in tune with spirits would know. Feeling that maybe, just maybe, someone "on the other side" might be looking out for me. But who? My first love Ginny? My Memaw from my father's side? My great-grandfather from my mother's side?

Ginny's birthday is today. She was born October 11, 1966.
(Sandra's mother died today. October 11, 1975.)

No comments: