Thursday, April 04, 2013

Another First Line

[See the previous entry, re "Everything begins with her in bed."]

"I am currently the accidental beneficiary of a very good haircut by a usually very mediocre stylist. For the next four weeks only, I shall act accordingly."

What is so interesting to me about both of the abovementioned lines/voices that forced me to write them down is that they're not ME speaking them. They're just me channelling and ADMIRING them, and then them challenging me to go on, if I have the guts and intelligence to follow through. ("Everything begins with her in bed" SEEMS TO demand something more spiritually expansive than "I am currently the accidental beneficiary of..." But the latter seems to beg for at least a short, razor-tight follow-up...perhaps more than anything my lazy mind is capable of.)

No comments: