Sunday, May 26, 2013

"It's a Game" 1977 World TV Premiere

I actually SAW this on German TV the very night it debuted! (I was 12; my mom, brother, and I were there for a 6-week visit at my aunt's Braunschweig home.) I even snapped a photo of them on the TV (in the days way before internal screen shots) with the "Koln" info that shows up here!

What made me look for this on YouTube tonight: Was transferring my "It's a Game" CD to my new iPod...only to find that the iTunes store then didn't have the cover artwork. (And they have some RANDOM stuff, including the cover to the Charles Manson CD I have!) The songs all transferred, but I hated that big blank spot where the cool-looking cover should go. So had to research and research how to get my own cover art from my computer onto the darn iPod, etc. Did it!



I LOVE this song! My 12-year-old self thought it profound (as well as catchy), and tonight, at 47, I STILL think the same! :)



The clown came down to meet me
With a smile upon his face
He fired his starting pistol
And began the human race
There were faces all around me
They were running everywhere
But everywhere is nowhere
And nowhere isn't there

It's a game, a game, a game that we're playing
Well, I don't mind but I don't make the rules
It's a game, a game, a game that we're playing
Just a game for lovers and fools

There's snakes upon your ladder
And there's dice upon your skirt
There's lipstick on my collar
And there's sweat upon my shirt
The neighbors will start talking
But you know that I don't care
For the neighbors they are nowhere
And nowhere isn't there

It's a game, a game, a game that we're playing...

No comments: