Monday, July 22, 2013

New Things on this Blog

On the left-hand side of the screen, added a section for "Links That Make Me Happy." (Currently 3 things: The Bloggess, Found Magazine, and Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology.)

When I started this blog 7 years ago, I consciously wanted to avoid a "Links I Like" section because it seemed like everyone just put their friends there. I didn't want any sort of "you like me, and I'll like you" phony-reciprocal thing. But then as years passed, I found MYSELF looking at such links on sites that I enjoyed. I don't want it here to devolve into a big, junky list; hope to keep it to stuff that has actually HELPED me mentally in some way (made me laugh and/or think and/or feel sane when I was feeling crazy and dysfunctional), and that you might also possibly enjoy...

Also, at the end of each post, there are now buttons for sharing via mail, Facebook, Twitter, et al.

(Below: The Bloggess)

2 comments:

e.f. bartlam said...

No Flimsy Cups...and you haven't even come to see me on the extra special secret blog. Killing me.

I mean...I told you you were more trustworthy than Nancy Grace...I mean seriously?!?!

:)

Blogess is cool.

Beth Austin said...

One more time, Bartlam, would you privately send me your link? Pretty please? :)

p.s. Bloggess IS so cool! :) It's so rare to find someone who thinks so completely originally. She always surprises me, which I love.