Sunday, October 13, 2013

Humble

Ha! I've tried it for the past few years and am now officially sick of it.

Here's the thing:

There's nothing wrong with being a secretary. Except for the dumb-speak of fellow secretaries in the office ("Thank yewwww!"). And the condescension of the bosses (until you make it clear to them that you have a Master's in English and can discuss anything with them at or above their level).

There's nothing wrong with taking a bus for transportation. Except for the thugs who yell at the top of their lungs about who they're busy fucking and how they just got their "old lady" pregnant again so she could get more government aid while the thugs are in jail. Except for the state hospital guys up front jacking off in front of everyone. Except for the homeless guys/gals who reek and, like the hookers with their johns, constantly talk "I ain't gonna lie!" nonsense at the top of their lungs.

There's nothing wrong with living in a one-room apartment. Except for the 20-year-old neighbors around you blasting their music or having loud sex or stomping home in your shared hallway at 3am or running a buzz-saw in the adjoining backyard all day.

Hey, if I could be a secretary, take a bus, and live in a one-room apartment -- all in a vacuum -- I'd have no problem with that.

In reality, though: I'm sick of pretending to be humble and that the utter idiocy of the people I've been around for the past 3 years is OK. None of this dumb bullshit has been OK. I've just been too lazy/tired to try to get back out of it. I need to get off my ass.


No comments: