Sunday, November 03, 2013

Old

I've spent the past 2 months sharing a very small office with an office-lady who's been with the department for 34 years. Only 64, looking 79. (Not an exaggeration -- she's prematurely withered because of various illnesses.) Retiring unexpectedly because of health reasons on the very day that I left. She'll probably die within the next 6 months.

What's the point?

What's the point of ME at 48? Leeching onto my nephews at 8 and 11 because they're so full of hope at that age? (I called my brother to ask if he could please bring the nephews over on Halloween so I could see their costumes. He didn't even know, on Halloween day itself, what the boys were going as that evening.)

Fuck. Even people who have something don't seem to give a shit about it.

No comments: