Monday, January 27, 2014

Schizophrenia

Your horoscope for January 27, 2014 
 
 Today is a fantastic day for you, STEPHANIE. Put yourself into high gear and get things done. Pursue those activities that are most meaningful for you. Work with what resonates with your true self. Express your opinions and thoughts with others. Be courageous and openhearted. Share your enthusiasm with others. If a situation doesn't spark your interest, walk away and find something that does. Life is short. Live it while you've got it.

--------------------------------------------------------

The above is all very well and good. And, luckily corresponds almost exactly with what TV ads and bosses exhort. Only... In Real Life, no one wants me to "Pursue those activities that are most meaningful for you" or those that resonate with my true self. If I reveal my actual opinions and thoughts to others, I'm shunned. No one wants me to be courageous or openhearted. In the past, if a situation hasn't sparked my interest and I've walked away in order to find something that does... I've paid serious monetary and psychological consequences.

Heart, mind, and soul tell me one thing. The Real World tells me another.

So, which is it?

 

No comments: