Monday, August 25, 2014

Slowly Unfolding

A really pleasant transformation has been ongoing for me since June.

3 months ago, I was informed by my temp boss that I was as of then on the "temp-to-perm" track, with the real job to kick in the last week of August.

And so it does kick in tomorrow. And as of Monday (yesterday), the city of Austin has also initiated a "MetroRapid" bus going exactly where I need to go. Since February, when I started the job as a temp, the #3 city bus from work to home has been a Cesspool of Crazy. This #3 still exists, but now in addition is the brand new bus route running every 15 minutes (as opposed to every half hour, which gives the psychos time to gather).

And my one-room apartment lease is up either 5 or 6 months from now. (Can't find the latest lease!) For the past year or more, the place has been quiet and great. But, please --- every human being, especially any human over the age of, say, 25, needs more than the one room/400 sq ft I've been living in for the past 4 years! Now that I know that I have a real salary kicking in TOMORROW, and a lease-end in sight, I have all the time in the world to start looking... In light of what I've been through in recent years, this whole "slow unfolding," giving me plenty of money and plenty of time to plan for a move, is miraculous. In 2010, I never quite thought I'd make it back. (Well, 40% of me did, but 60% was in full, constant, shock-and-horror mode.)

I am so grateful for this current breathing space.

No comments: