Friday, September 12, 2014

9/11

On September 11, 2001, I was newly a freelance editor, working from home for the first time, and also new to Internet love/feuds. When I woke up late-morning that Tuesday, my first impulse was to immediately get online to see what the then-object of my love/hate had written about me on our mutual Joan Crawford message boards.

Instead, online I discovered this (and immediately got off the computer and stayed in front of the TV for the rest of the day):



Tonight I've been watching the History Channel's and MSNBC's hours-long recaps of coverage. 13 years later, I still get goosebumps just from seeing the faces of the people gathered around Times Square watching the scroll bearing the news... not to mention seeing the people jumping out of the buildings themselves, seeing the people running down the streets while the soot and detritus from the buildings chased them. Eerie and frightening.

No comments: