Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mangled

A book I ordered last week from Amazon arrived on my doorstep looking EXACTLY  like this. No note. No apology. And when I tried to file an online claim with the USPS, got a message that my claim was ineligible.

My only intellectual sustenance: It was a book about Lizzie Borden, so perhaps it's appropriate that it should arrive so MANGLED...

(Pain in the ass though it may be, I will definitely be hauling -- by tortuous, probably 2-hour, bus trip -- this disgustingly mangled book into a post office that's now miles north of where I live and hard to get to. What the FUCK were they thinking delivering this to my door sans apology?)


1 comment:

Beth Austin said...

A p.s. I did take off work early today to take a bus to this post office and ask to submit a claim for damages. Was told by
the clerk that since I didn't buy insurance, I couldn't submit a claim for the damaged book.