Sunday, January 04, 2015

How on earth will I make my way??

After telling my mother to fuck off on New Year's Day, one of my first thoughts the next day was: "Oh shit... I'm moving at the end of the month, and she had saved all of her moving boxes from 2010 for me... Where in the world am I going to get boxes for all of my books?"

Then I realized: My corner beer store gets in new boxes every day. Just took home 10 of them this evening. I'll have enough by the end of the month.

Another thing I'd been worrying about re moving: I'd anticipated needing a car at the end of the month, before the movers of the big things; was worrying about who to ask, my brother or my mother? My brother wouldn't be available; my mother would be available, but would bitch every single step of the way, making me so nervous that I'd probably actually HAVE a wreck.

Then I realized: There're such places like "Rent-a-Wreck" and other rental places that I can afford. I can rent a fucking car for 3 days to haul my clothes and personal belongings. Just because I haven't driven a car since 2007 (for the past 8 years, since I sold off my car when I moved to NYC until now), doesn't mean I can't drive a fucking car! I've been driving since I was 16, and I drove up until I left for New York in 2007. I can certainly figure out how to drive in 2015.

No comments: