Monday, May 30, 2016

Orange Tortoise-shell Cat

On my way out to my bus travels Sunday, found an unknown orange tortoise-shell cat huddled by the legs of my porch table. I said a friendly "Hi, Beautiful Cat" to him/her (whom I'd never seen before, but who meow'd back at me), then went on my way. When I got home 3 hours later, the cat was still there, in exactly the same position. I again said "Hello," and he/she meow'd back.
 
I started to worry: Had the cat come here to die or something? Why would a cat be in exactly the same position after 3 hours?? Who would I call to get rid of the dead cat?
 
I put a container of water out (while wondering: Should I put out food, too? But I didn't want that much responsibility). Then I took a nap. By the time I checked again a few hours later, the cat was gone. It was a skinny thing, not at all like the picture here (which I found online just to show the orange-ness).

It was on May 29. I wonder if I know someone who died on that day. Or if it was just a cat who found a comfortable place to sleep for 3 hours.
 
 

No comments: