Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Monkees - I'm A Believer

I got my car over 2 weeks ago, but I've been afraid to drive fast like I used to, or to turn up music, or...anything. After 9 years of not driving, being back on the road again with all of the distractions has been mildly scary. In fact, the only radio station I've had on has been NPR, with its low-key talk: I didn't want any distractions!
 
It took my brother yesterday driving my car and asking if he could switch the radio from the talk... He put it on Austin's KUTX 98.9. Also commercial-free, but playing MUSIC.
 
I left it there, still at a low volume. Until today, when I was driving back from lunch at Wendy's and this song came on. I was suddenly filled with JOY! And then blasted the song as loudly as my tinny car stereo would allow. I felt/was blatantly, obnoxiously HAPPY --- like I used to be on occasion! It's still possible!!
  
 

No comments: