Monday, September 19, 2016

Bombs Away

Up until this past weekend, I'd never, in the past, been on the spot of a terrorist attack. The Islamic terrorist this weekend, though, planted a bomb that went off on W. 23rd Street between 6th and 7th Avenues of New York City. 29 people were injured by the shrapnel.

When I lived in NYC, from 2007 to 2010, some of my regular places to go were the Chelsea Cinema (23rd between 7th and 8th), where I saw at least 5 Joan Crawford films. The famous Chelsea Hotel was on the same block. The place I got my hair cut ("Chelsea Styles") was directly across the street from the Chelsea Hotel. More mundanely, there was a GAP a block away where I bought a few basic sweaters that I could barely afford at the time (I was very poor).

It was a beautiful, interesting neighborhood to walk around. I, as an implant from Austin, felt honored and excited to be there. I'd had a sense of the place from movies and literature ahead of time, and being there in person didn't disappoint.

And then this shitty guy, whose Afghan family was let into the country as refugees in 1995, chooses to bomb the country that took him in. His family had a food joint in Elizabeth, New Jersey, where another bomb was discovered.

All to say: Appreciation should probably be organic. This piece of shit and his family took their safe haven for granted. The family actually filed a lawsuit against the police for "discrimination" after their food store got cited for staying open after hours. The son ended up radicalized after several visits back home to Afghanistan.

Getting to come to America isn't a "right," it's a "privilege." If you don't understand what you've just received, then... go the hell home (of course, you can't --- get it? see how nice the US has been to take you in?). How DARE you spit in the face (and worse) of the country that rescued you?




 
 
 

No comments: