Monday, September 26, 2016

Nobody

Throughout my life, I've been cursed with no one to talk to about anything. And so have learned a bit of stoicism. Earlier tonight, though, I broke down and asked someone that I've known for 8 years about the menopause that I'm now going through, that I had no one else to talk to about. At the end of the below is her one line of response.

At 51, I am used to this. But, nonetheless, I am still rather shocked by the utter nothingness.

On Sep 25, 2016, at 10:29 PM, SJ wrote:
In May (when I was 50), I went to my mother's house to pay my respects for Mother's Day. I hadn't had my period for 3 months, thought menopause was underway. The next day I got my period.

Haven't had my period since May. In June, I started having "hot flashes," but put them off as "oh, it's hot in Texas in the summer."

Said "hot flashes" have been really intense since June, not just based on the weather. (I haven't had another period since May.)

And not just hot flashes; I've been feeling low for months since the summer. Not just psychologically, but physically LOW, where I didn't feel like doing anything or thinking anything, where I felt physically weak.

What's going on? I asked my mom, but got only vagueness.

How long will this go on? Will my energy ever come back?

Is it low-energy for the rest of my life?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSB response:  Menopause darling. Read about heat intolerance and stress on Internet.  It's   Hideous

No comments: