Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Andy Warhol on Evil

From 1980's "Popism" by Andy Warhol:

Now and then someone would accuse me of being evil --- of letting people destroy themselves while I watched, just so I could film them and tape record them. But I don't think of myself as evil --- just realistic. I learned when I was little that whenever I got aggressive and tried to tell someone what to do, nothing happened --- I just couldn't carry it off. I learned that you actually have more power when you shut up, because at least that way people will start to maybe doubt themselves. When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can't make them change if they don't want to, just like when they do want to, you can't stop them.

No comments: