Saturday, July 15, 2017

I'll be as high as that ivory tower that you're living in

Heard this 1990 song coming home from work today (on Bob 103.5 in Austin), for the first time since, oh, 1994 or so, when I was attending grad school in San Francisco and hating everything about the PC people at the university. I tried "getting into" rap at the time. Hated it. Went the opposite way with country --- ended up loving it. San Francisco is when I discovered George Jones for the first time, and a whole lot of other country artists: Hank Williams, Buck Owens, early Strait. This famous Garth Brooks song, I liked a lot at the time. It didn't make me a Garth Brooks fan, but it helped to make me a Country fan.

Anyway: This is the first time I've ever heard this song on the radio. Though it was 100 degrees outside, I turned the AC off and rolled down the windows and cranked the stereo up. I wanted everyone around me to hear how great this was!

No comments: