Usually I get into the spirit o' the season back in late October/early November, planning what to get people (Mom, brother, his wife, nephews).
This year, though... Mom told me back in August that she's leaving her house to me --- but it will be 50% owned by my brother. So I can just live in it.
Right.
What was once, 10 years ago, a 50-50 split between me and my brother became a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 split a couple of years ago: Me 1/3, brother 1/3, his two kids sharing the last 1/3.
In August of 2017, everything became: Me 25%, brother 25%, his two kids 25% each.
Like fucking hell. Sure, my mom can do what she wants with her house and her money. But LIKE FUCKING HELL I'm going to be a participant in any part of her lunacy. In fact, I protest against it.
I was/am depressed about no Christmas this year. But I think I abstained for good reason.
"Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive." -- Josephine Hart
No comments:
Post a Comment