Went grocery shopping today to prepare for my own Thanksgiving on Thursday.
Back in the '90s, I worked with a couple of women around my age, all single in our early 30s. One of them was bragging about planning on going out to a bar on Thanksgiving and having a hamburger. At the time, I was going out a lot myself, but I countered her with: "I go out to bars and have hamburgers all the time. On THANKSGIVING I want my mother's cooking!" (At that time, I had my mom's house to go to in San Antonio.)
I haven't spoken to my mother since August of last year (2017), so this will be the second Thanksgiving on my own (well, aside from 1994 in grad school in San Francisco and 2007 thru 2009, when I was in NYC --- but I don't really count those since it was just a geographic, not psychological separation).
This Thursday, the Cowboys are playing the Redskins. It's very important for the NFC East. I'll make my own (to me) delicious dinner and enjoy the exciting game and the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment