Garishly colored dream in two parts (and I don't usually dream this garishly):
Part One: Walking around New Orleans during Mardi Gras, but a futuristic Mardi Gras, where New Orleans has skyscraper-tall fantastical buildings, with golden twirls and swirls, et al. Walking with S. and her friend, and S. won't talk to me, despite the fantastic views that I want to talk about. We three return to an indoor spot, where there's a group of friends gathered, and by now I'm not talking to S., because she wouldn't talk to me. At some point, I have gone into a Chinese academic's workspace and greedily eaten a slice out of an apple pie that was sitting there. After I've returned to the common area, still being mad at S., the Chinese scholar descends upon us, demanding to know who's eaten part of the pie. I don't say anything but wonder if there were cameras that caught me eating the pie---if so, I can't get out of this. The group of friends looks on semi-sympathetically while this man is ranting about his pie; S. disappears up a staircase.
Part Two: S., accompanied by our former poetry professor in an uncharacteristically red embroidered outfit, confronts me. She shows me a mark upon her forehead that she claims I've given her. The professor then starts aggressively berating me about what I've done to S. This man, in real life, was constantly calm, but here, he's snarling at me, in my face (wearing his stupid red embroidered outfit). I'm trying to defend myself for being unfairly attacked and about to go off on this guy. S. is standing back, checking us both out with a smug, sexy look on her face that I see from several angles as she's looking/not looking at the confrontation. I realize it would be very interesting to everyone else watching, also, if I just let loose on him. I feel like letting go, but then the dream ends.
First time I've thought so heavily about S. in a very long time.

No comments:
Post a Comment