Was just cleaning out my closet today and found two 2008 packets from a former good friend of mine that I once co-edited a literary magazine with in Austin in the '90s. We'd first met in 1986 while attending the same poetry class at the University of Texas, then re-connected in 1988 when we were living in the same apartment complex. Re-connected again in the early '90s and started co-editing/publishing a local literary magazine (3 issues).
I moved to San Francisco for grad school in '94, and when I came back a couple of years later, he'd moved to Baltimore to attend grad school at Johns Hopkins.
In 2007, I moved to NYC, and he sent me a couple of his Johns Hopkins publications in 2008 (he'd become editor at this point). The first one, I'd opened and read the friendly note. The second one, I had not even opened until tonight. I know why---because I was too befuddled by Sandra to think clearly about anything else. Today, I'm embarrassed at not acknowledging my good friend's efforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment