Today, I can't remember what happened in a single episode of "The Munsters," but I do know that I loved watching the show in after-school re-runs in the early '70s. (Yes, I liked Lily Munster at age 7, and, no, I never liked the "Marilyn" character! In fact, I remember disliking her in the same way that I disliked "Robin" in the Batman show---those two always seemed to be wet blankets.)
When I first saw "The Munsters," my family had just, in 1972, moved to College Station, Texas, home of Texas A&M University. The first time we'd ever lived in a college town. One day a school friend came over to play, and around 4pm or so, my mom turned on the TV so we could watch "The Munsters." BUT... As it turned out, my school friend, Sarah, was NOT allowed to watch television! Whaaaaaat??? I'd never heard of such a crazy thing! My first introduction to "PC."
(This opening of the show is so GREAT! Both the song and the character introduction. But what I remember more about the intro is a staircase opening up and Herman walking out of it... Not seen here...)
When I first saw "The Munsters," my family had just, in 1972, moved to College Station, Texas, home of Texas A&M University. The first time we'd ever lived in a college town. One day a school friend came over to play, and around 4pm or so, my mom turned on the TV so we could watch "The Munsters." BUT... As it turned out, my school friend, Sarah, was NOT allowed to watch television! Whaaaaaat??? I'd never heard of such a crazy thing! My first introduction to "PC."
(This opening of the show is so GREAT! Both the song and the character introduction. But what I remember more about the intro is a staircase opening up and Herman walking out of it... Not seen here...)
No comments:
Post a Comment