Saturday, March 26, 2022

Flashback: 1993

My heart was broken. The dark-haired woman in the pictures below was my first lover. She had broken up with me the year before. (I then got various reports of who she was with; the girl below she apparently "married"---that lasted 6 months or so.)

Found the below by accident on the "Portal to Texas History" site. Apparently, my ex is now a historical example of lesbians in 1990s Austin!

Viewing the pictures 30 years later: My ex still looks sexy to me, but also weird and creepy! I remember that red velvet bed in the 2nd picture (which her mother bought her at age 16), and her suit, and her hands, and both looks on her face. I remember going out to her family home in Gonzales, Texas, to bury her cat; and, in Austin, pushing her car up a hill when it had broken down.

I remember thinking at the time: "You're too sexy for me, and I'm too smart for you." She, at age 36 when I met her, truly had a dumb, sinister bunch of druggy, shitty friends, some accused of the 1991 "Yogurt Shop Murders" in Austin.



No comments: