Over the Christmas break in my free time, I edited a collegiate text for an author: Wasn't expecting a prompt payment, but... I just, very promptly!, got a $900 check! What the heck to do with it? I guess buy a smart phone. (My dumb phone from 2007 is tiny and decrepit, although it does still work.) A co-worker suggested, "Go on a trip!" Aw, but where the hell would I go by myself... (waaah-waaah). New York City: Still too depressing.
Sans any trips, what I did do, though, was order a bunch of used books online about my current obsession, George Jones! Bios: The Grand Tour, Ragged But Right, Life and Times of a Honky Tonk Legend, Legend of George Jones. Plus some Tammy and kids-related: A Daughter Recalls, Tragic Country Queen, and The Three of Us.
That, for me, is one of the best things about having some extra cash around: Being able to buy whatever seemingly tatty used books and CDs (oh, and shirts from eBay) you feel like getting at the moment without having to stop and think if you can afford it!
No comments:
Post a Comment