Sunday, July 14, 2019

Dummy Rapinoe


Two weeks ago, the director of my company invited via e-mail all employees to the video room to watch the US women's soccer team play France. I replied: "As long as Rapinoe kneels for the national anthem and curses our President, I'll root for France."

My boss called me into her office and told me to NEVER send another message like that. I initially felt guilty, but then, at second thought: What was I guilty of?

As it later turned out, another employee filed an official complaint against me with the university for my e-mail, saying "In my 20 years at UT, I've never read something so outrageous." Really?

(As a lesbian, I think I'm able to be more honest than others, who might be frightened of being called "homophobic" or something. Let me say it here: Rapinoe is an uninformed idiot.)

No comments: